Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Are Young, But We Have Heart


I've got an extremely religious and conservative family, and I mean really conservative. And yet, I'm the complete opposite.
Tomorrow I'm going home to get some stuff my mom has that I may need on Saturday when I go fill out the paperwork for Winghouse. But to my mother, I am getting these items because I'm getting a small office job at school. Ha..
I needed something where my mom couldn't call or visit me if she came down here, I figure that would work for a while.
I do feel horrible though, I love my mom very much and wish I could share this with her, because I am very excited about it, but I know she wouldn't like it and I don't want to upset her. If she were raised in the same environment as I, I know she would have been just like me, because she has an outgoing personality and she used to be one of those girls that dresses up all the time and does her hair and takes pictures, yet she was raised overseas so she couldn't even consider any job like mine.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I have to hide my job from my mother, who I am really close with. Since I just turned 18, I'm used to needing her permission for everything so it's hard for me to imagine doing this without her knowing. So what are my chances? Will it be easy to keep my job hidden from her for however long I'll have it?

No comments: