Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Director's Chair, Please?


I'm studying film, in hopes of becoming the next big hollywood movie director!
Just kidding. But seriously, I love writing and film. I'm very interested in directing, screenwriting, editing, and working with the camera. Acting seems really fun as well, but thats not my dream.
As a writer, I've got a lot to show my work. But with every other aspect of film, I've got a short resume. I've had two minor positions on student short films, two 12 hour days each. It was great, I loved it, and can't wait to do more!
Well, I had two positions lined up, one as an assistant, and the other as a script supervisor on a feature film! Biggest position to date, and I was very excited. Unfortunately, they would be six 12 hour days, and it would interfere with the first days of my summer classes. That, I was planning on risking. But now that I've got this job, I guess there would be no time for the shoot.
It sucks.
But then again, I've been wanting a job for the past 8 months, and need the money. I have rent to pay, a car to keep up, and a LOT on my wish list.
So let's hope I'll be a good Winghouse girl!

No comments: