Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Ugly Waitress


The summer before I moved for college, I was having a conversation with my cousin, who at the time lived in the city I was relocating to. We were discussing job options for me, because I definitely needed to work through college. I expressed my interest in a waitress position. His response: "[CITY NAME] has some high standards..."
Thanks.
Well, it's been eight months now and I'm long overdue for a job. I've been looking around, but NO ONE is hiring. I've got a friend who's been out applying every day for about a month. No call backs.
I guess I found the problem, he's a guy.
I went in to Winghouse today with an application. With high heels, short shorts, and all the cleavage I could come up with, I walked in to the store with the application in hand. Two minutes later, I walked out with a job.
Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: