Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 2

Having the privacy and space of my own room to change into my outfit this time, I timed how long it took to put the entire costume on: 4 minutes. Not bad at all.

The panthose were easier to put on now, and I'm glad I listened to the girl who advised me on which to choose. We have a pantyhose vending machine at work, which I found rather funny, and we get to choose from two different types and whether they are footless or not. I got C footless. Whatever that is, it seems pretty good.

I was the only hostess when I arrived. One of the managers, the nicest one, told me to wait around my the door and greet people, we have to open doors for everyone coming in or out. He said that one of the other managers would come soon to train me. Well, for two hours and a half I stood by the door, occasionally seeting customers. Most of the time, the group of waitresses who had no tables and stood by my area took care of the guests. Boredom was an understatement of how I felt.

I didn't really talk to many of the girls. I don't judge anyone, but I can usually tell who I could be friends with. I don't think I'd get along that well with anyone of them. They seemed alright though, for the most part.

Two of the girls hired with me were there as well, though they were both training as servers. One was tall and skinny and wore a very strange shade of foundation that made her skin look almost green. I thought I was the only one who noticed this during the orientation, but as soon as she closed the door behind her and walked out today, the entire group of Winghouse servers pondered what was so off about her face.

In addition to the gossip, I heard the girls share stories of their crazy nights and what they had planned for that night.

I was glad when another hostess came and the manager told me I could leave. Two and a half hours, better than the 50 minutes I served yesterday.

I'll be back there tomorrow at 2, we'll see how that goes!

No comments: