Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Girly Tomboy

I haven't really done that much in the past few days except a bunch of errands I have piled up for myself. First, my sister and I spent Mother's Day back home and had a great time. It was great fun with the [huge] family, and I actually would have stayed there longer if my sister didn't have to come back for class.

Yesterday, I turned into a girl.

I've always been quite the tomboy, except the past few years I've been a girly tomboy. I keep the appearance of a chick but the emotions of a dude. My hair is always styled and make up done, and I'm pretty big in fashion, and I have about a million pairs of heels. Unfortunately, I rarely wear the heels because I've got no place to go with them, it'd be pretty awkward to wear them while going for a chill session with the guys.

Anyway, yesterday my sister and I got our nails done, it was only my second time so it's extremely awkward doing anything, especially typing, with them on. The first time I did them was for prom, which I had to get dragged to because I was still a big tomboy at the time. After the nail place, I got my sketchers for Winghouse. I'm usually a 7 and a 1/2 but I had to get a 7 this time because they didn't have my size, and an 8 was too big. So hopefully during my long shifts my feet won't fall off.

And then I went to Walgreens and spent 50 dollars on random beauty products. I'm tighter with my money than a broke old man, especially when I've been jobless for 8 months, so this was an extremely girly thing of me.

Oh, and I got this Sally Hansen Lip Inflation lip gloss, because I wanted gloss and I have virtually no upper lip. Surprisingly, it does work. But it burns!

Now I've got three more days of relaxation before work starts on Friday, and school starts on Monday. I found out I don't have to be drug tested at work unless I get injured, so this is going to be a very enjoyable three days.


By the way, I think I'm going to tell my mom about Winghouse. According to my sisters, I'm making too big of a deal and she won't care, especially since I'm only a hostess. I'll just suck up and do the 'door-in -face' strategy. I think that's what its called, I learned it in speech. I'll make it sounds like I'm pregnant or a prostitute, and then tell her I'm a hostess. This is going to be hilarious.

No comments: