Friday, May 15, 2009

First Day!

Not what I expected, I was on the clock for exactly 50 minutes.

No, I didn't get sent away or fired, but apparently the hours suck and that's pretty normal. Let's start with the outfit.

I came about half an hour earlier and spent about 15 minutes putting that outfit on. I'm usually a size 4, but the shorts I stuffed my ass into were a size 1. I don't understand how everyone shoves those pantyhose on every morning. As a hostess, you wear a red polo and white shorts, the pantyhose, socks, and sketchers. After the torture of putting this outfit on, I looked in the mirror and the conclusion: it was cute!

(not me)

I met my trainer, we'll name her Apple. She was cute, really skinny, but not the typical Winghouse girl. First thing she says to me, "This job sucks."

Apparently, you get no hours and even though you are told you will become a server, you will remain a hostess forever. She's been a hostess for a long time, and though they promise her the new position, they just hired 5 newbies with no previous experience to be servers. I'm thinking I'm either never going to be a waitress, or I can just keep dreaming and pretend that they wanted to wait till all the other new kids are trained and then my training begins. Her advice, "Keep looking."

I got the hang of it pretty easily and I'm sure next time, assuming I work more than an hour, I will be able to do it on my own. Unfortunately, I can't do much with the 50 dollars she makes ever two weeks, so if I'm not seeing signs of a promotion, I will have to find a better job. The outfit's cute, but I've got bills to pay!

All the girls seemed okay. No one too friendly, but no one too bitchy either, except for the one girl that got mad when we seated too many people in her section. I guess that's something I'll have to get used to.

I met one of the regulars too. He stopped me and introduced himself. He seemed nice, so I was friendly. We only talked for a bit, the I returned to the hostess stand. A few minutes later, the same man walked out. Apple looked disgusted.

"Don't talk to him. All of the waitresses hide when he comes in."

"Why." He seemed nice to me.

"He got kicked out of hooters for jacking off under the table."

Ew.

I went to eat with Apple and then to the gas station after, and as soon as we open the doors, all eyes judge our outfits. She told me to get prepared, and that I'll get used to it. I don't get offended and I usually don't give a shit what people say, so I don't really care or notice the stares. Just find it funny.

PS: I haven't told my mom yet and am having mixed feelings about it. But after seeing the outfit, I doubt she'll care.

If anyone has questions or wants to talk, my email is LayneAubrey@yahoo.com. Hit me up!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow talk about a brat! you should lucky you have a job with the unemployment rate in this country right now. If your job requires u to shove on pantyhose white socks sketchers (the way you spelled it) and squeeze ur fat ass into tiny shorts, you do it with a smile on your face! Maybe "Apple" is a jealous bitch whose afraid that you will do better than her and steal her job from her, I know many a girl who have worked at winghouse and their experience is alot better than what your going thru, give it time. worry about yourself and not what "apple" tells you.

Layne Aubrey said...

Hun I wasn't trying to be bratty about it, I was just saying how my day went. What Apple told me where clearly her views, I was just stating that I would have to find a better job because I can't pay my bills with 100 dollars a month. I am well aware of the unemployment rate and am satisfied with the job I currently have.
And I have nothing against the outfit I have to wear, I said I liked it, and the fact that it is difficult to wear doesn't make me a brat.
And I do not have a fat ass :D

Anonymous said...

Are you not a usual pantyhose wearer? What makes them so bad?

Layne Aubrey said...

Yeah I don't wear them much. They're not so bad at all, I don't find them unbearable, they're just constricting and not too easy to pull on.
I just had to get used to them, that's all

Anonymous said...

Layne,
Just out of curiosity.... If the Winghouse is anything like Hooters, you may want to check out the servers at your place of employment.

You're a cutie, but I don't feel that you are going to fill out a tight t-shirt if you catch my meaning. I'm not trying to be insulting. Just wanted to make a point.

As for the hosiery being "constricting", get one size larger. If you currently wear an A, get a B. It might be a world of difference.

Anonymous said...

Just to add... You're not suppose to PULL hosiery on. LOL. I don't know if someone ever showed you how to put them on the right way.

Quick scenario.... The movie Dirty Dancing... The older sister is sitting on the bed getting ready for the evening. She's using stockings but it's the same technique.

Start from the top and curl them up in your fingers till you reach the toe. Now slip your foot in and slide the rest up your leg. There should be no pulling or tugging. ;) LOL

Best of luck getting the servers job!!!

Layne Aubrey said...

Thanks, yeah I think I've gotten pretty used to them, they're not a problem.

But just to let you know those pictures aren't of me. Not that my bust is that big anyway, but I've seen some smaller chested girls as servers.

I'll see what happens and keep posting. Thanks!

hootervillefan said...

Hey Layne
Thanks for posting your experience. Please keep us informed of how things go at Winghouse. It's interesting to hear from your point of view. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Out of all your posts so far, this one has had the most comments..and mostly because you brought up the whole "pantyhose" thing. do girls know that guys think they are so sexy?

Anonymous said...

I don't think a lot of girls/women know that men think hose look sexy otherwise they would wear them more. Or, it's just the fact that most of the younger generation is just too lazy to care how they look and think that putting on a pair of hose with a mini is just too time consuming. Hopefully soon the bare leg look will end and more women will start wearing hose again that way we don't have to go to Hooters and Wing House to see sexy legs.

Anonymous said...

Where did you go??

Anonymous said...

What brand of pantyhose do you wear and how often do they last? I will be doing wedding photography this summer and I could use some good pantyhose that is fashionable and durable at the same time...nice story btw...I think its good to talk about work stories whether good or bad. Plus guys really love women in pantyhose!:)

Anonymous said...

were can I get those tights/pantyhose I love wearing myself